I’ve received many emails from fellow Beauty Snobs inquiring about my beauty routine so lest you think I was kidding about my 10 (sometimes 12) steps each night, here it is. (But I don’t pile them on top of each other, I use different products for different parts of my face! My forehead has different needs than my chin as do my nose, cheek and under eye area, etc.) It takes me almost 30 minutes to go through my ritual of potions, lotions and facial massage but my husband keeps me company by telling me about his day at work (well, he lies on the bed and watches tv but still, he’s keeping me company). Do you see why I am the high maintenance snob and Kelly is the practical snob?
1. The Diamond Ice Lift mask from Natura Bisse is gentle enough to use every other night and it’s very hydrating so it’s two masks in one. I like using it often because it exfoliates gently and allows my products to absorb into my skin.
2. Glycol Peel 50% from Natura Bisse – I use this 2-3 times a week, apply 3-4 drops and rinse off in 15 minutes for at home glycolic peel.
3. I use Skinceutical’s Phyto + gel religiously 2 times a day to keep my pigmentation at bay.
4. Diamond Drops from Natura Bisse is a regenerative serum to counteract aging cells. It’s also great to do my facial massages with, next time you get a facial, ask your esthetician to teach you a few massage moves to keep your facial muscles toned.
5. Natura Bisse Inhibit Tenso Lift– this REALLY works, it tightens and lifts so you don’t get those saggy jowls. The price is shocking but Kelly and I feel that it’s better to invest in good products now rather than a radical facelift later. (It costs as much as Botox but so much more natural and less invasive, and you won’t end up looking like this!)
6. Natura Bisse’s Inhibit Dermafill is good for filling those dry lines that have not turned into deep wrinkles. (I usually massage my face a few minutes per product so it really absorbs before putting on the next item)
7. I like using an eye gel before my eye cream, Natura Bisse’s Stimul-eye active gel de-puffs and gets rid of dark circles. (I use this under my eyes only)
8. I’ve used La Prarie Cellular eye cream since I was 18, after all these years, it’s still one of my favorites. I alternate this with the Natura Bisse Diamond Bio Lift eye cream. (Beauty tip- pat eye cream along your nasal labial folds and you won’t look like a hound dog when you’re 50)
9. Natura Bisse Diamond Bio Lift eye cream is creamier than most eye creams so it’s easy to massage into eye socket area. I don’t pat my eye cream in as we’ve been told to do, my facialist in Taiwan taught me to lightly massage the acupressure points around my eyes with my ring fingers.
10. Finally, I finish all of this off with Natura Bisse’s Diamond Extreme cream to my face, neck (I’ve tried many neck creams but this is good for everything!), and chest (don’t neglect your chest or you’ll get those scary vertical lines in your cleavage!).
11. I never put heavy creams in my T-zone; instead, I use a Skinceuticals moisturizing pore minimizer that I forgot to include in the photo.
12. I also use a Antioxidant lip repair from Skinceuticals at night and in the mornings. It keeps my lips smooth and soft with acid free exfoliating compound and botanical emollients. (and prevents those gross vertical lines from drinking out of straws or smoking- I don’t do either but still, I am scared of getting those lines)
See how tiring it is to be me? Stay tuned for my morning routine, it’s just as involved if you can believe it. It’s also the reason I am always late to lunch with girlfriends (now you know)!