There are so many supplements out there it’s hard to know what to go for. Obviously it’s best to get everything we need from food, but that isn’t always possible (someone help me I’m in a major eat every cookie in sight phase!). While supplements aren’t magic, they can help supplement healthy habits for brighter, healthier skin. To find exactly which ones to opt for I reached out to Kimberly Snyder, nutritionist and multi-time New York Times best-selling author of the Beauty Detox book series and Radical Beauty. Here’s her expert advice!
- Silicon is a great way to step up your glow. This beautifying property targets the connective tissues in your body promoting vitality and radiance.
- Though aging can’t be stopped, we can take steps to slow it down and age gracefully! Magnesium is a powerful anti-wrinkle remedy that can help to reduce the fines lines you see forming on your forehead and near your mouth. A scarcity of this mineral goes hand-in-hand with the indications of old-age. This potent health trick maintains normal nerve, muscle, and cardiovascular function. This helps your body and skin stay nourished and youthful!
- Resveratrol is also a powerful for anti-aging.
- Rosacea can be fought with the amino acid called Lysine. This is vital for the production of collagen and anti-bodies. This can lessen the reddening by improving skin repair and elasticity.
- Zinc is a powerful mineral that reduces acne by quickening the skin’s healing process. It is a catalyst to the collagen rebuilding process that leads the way to clearer, smoother, and more radiant skin. This boost can help your body normalize its hormones and regulate skin repair.
- Ginseng is an herbal remedy that can invigorate your body and skin! One of the most popular remedies used today, Ginseng has an anti-inflammatory effect that can soothe your stress and your acne.
- Magnesium beautifies your body from within, regulating your body and flushing out toxins. This mineral keeps blood circulating smoothly and efficiently. The internal detox can help shed the pollutants triggering your acne.
- SBO Probiotics are also great for diet-related acne. The right kinds of probiotics are a powerful combination that promote beauty, improving your digestion and leading significant improvements in your overall health, wellness and beauty. I am a big fan of soil-based organism (SBO) probiotics, which mimic the natural beneficial bacteria found in soil that our ancestors used to ingest in small amounts on unwashed veggies from the garden. Check out my SBO Probiotics.
Water retention/leaner face:
- Potassium is the balancer your body needs. This mineral regulates pH and fluid levels. A domino effect is created by then balancing out other minerals in the body such as sodium- a main culprit in bloating.