Florals, who? Everything is coming up gingham for spring! There is something so pure and innocent about this sweet print – which makes it all the more fun to spice up. Luckily, designers have done the work for us this season. From graphic black-and-white spins to saucy silhouettes to unexpected embellishments to classic pastels, these top picks have me saying, “Check, please.”
1. Oscar de la Renta Check Pattern Scarf: If you don’t want to commit to a print, a soft cashmere scarf is the way to inject it without going all-out. On Farfetch for $550.
2. Diane von Furstenberg Kyla Wrap Sweater: Or take your DVF checks in the form of a sultry-sweet wrap sweater, a nice update on Diane’s signature dress style. On Shopbop for $348.
3. MSGM Lace-Paneled Gingham Cotton-Blend Twill Mini Dress: Every girl deserves a pretty new dress in time for spring, and this guipure lace-paneled number is just feminine enough. On NET-A-PORTER for $905.
4. Oscar de la Renta Checked Wool-Blend Shorts: These shorts have been on my list since I spotted them on the Spring ’15 runway. Wear them day or night with a collared shirt, white tee, or crop top: the possibilities are endless. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,190.
5. Diane von Furstenberg 440 Micro Mini Bag: A mixed and magnified checkered print looks especially good on a supremely scaled-down mini bag. On Shopbop for $178.