I believe the best things come in small packages. Or at least the chicest things. Mini bags are not only still on trend, they’re smaller than ever. They’re micro mini, and you should think of them as accessories with little function other than aesthetic pleasure. But how small is too small? My only criteria: it must comfortably fit my cellphone. If it doesn’t at least fit your phone and ID, don’t go there – unless it’s to be used as a bag charm.
1. Bottega Veneta Foldover Messenger Bag: Ever-classic Bottega gets hip to the trend with this subtle and surprisingly accommodating (take advantage of multiple pockets) take. On Forward by Elyse Walker for $1,350.
2. Valentino Micro Mini Lock Shoulder Bag: You can’t go wrong with Valentino’s micro lock, and if you’re swinging from the chandeliers by midnight, it’ll keep your iPhone safe and snug. On Forward by Elyse Walker for $1,895.
3. Saint Laurent Baby Monogram Crossbody Bag: Petite and powerful: This little baby creates the perfect situation for a jolt of searing yellow color. On Farfetch for $1,550.
4. Saint Laurent Nano Sac de Jour Tote: So this teeny tote doesn’t meet my criteria; it only holds a lipstick, credit card, and some cash. But when you’re this cute, I can let it slide. On Farfetch for $1,350.
5. Diane von Furstenberg 440 Micro Mini Metallic Croc-Effect Leather Shoulder Bag: Ease into the trend with DVF, which is the best value of the group. Then if you love being unencumbered and fancy-free, go for the Fendi Micro Peekaboo. On NET-A-PORTER for $200.