As much as I love my neutrals, there is something about a colorful bag that gets my pulse racing and my eyes beaming like nothing else. A brightly-hued bag, especially one that breaks the rules of what supposedly clashes and matches, is like an instant shot of energy. And we all need a little bit of extra energy, don’t we? Take a dose, and the rest of your wardrobe will thank you – these bright bags make all the statement you need.
1. Valentino Garavani My Rockstud Striped Satchel Bag: Bold stripes take a ladylike turn on Valentino’s slick top-handle satchel. At Neiman Marcus for $3,545.
2. Tory Burch Color Cube Wooden Clutch: It doesn’t take more than a few well-matched colors for a bag to be multi-hued, as proven by Tory’s boxy, blonde-wood take. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $245 (from $350).
3. Roger Vivier Small Raso Rainbow Clutch Bag: You can almost taste Vivier’s wide-spectrum rainbow, delivered in strass buckle-topped, satin form. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,975 (expect shipping by October 15th).
4. Fendi Peekaboo Large Printed Tote Bag: Fendi is genius at making zany look chic, and this heart-stopping clash of colors and checks is a prime example. At Neiman Marcus for $6,800.
5. Elena Ghisellini Felina Rainbow Leather Shoulder Bag: This modern update of retro-inspired stripes will help set the tone for your own summer of love. On Luisa via Roma for $865.