Braids are having a moment. There’s something about the texture, romantic and a little earthy, that feels so right. Just look to the recent ethereal hairstyles showcased by celebs like Amanda Seyfried, opting for a modern, less appropriated update on cornrows; Charlize Theron, seen showcasing a pretty pile of plaits; Emma Roberts, who’s resurrected the messy fishtail; Greta Gerwig and her single, asymmetric braid; Margot Robbie’s sleek ponytail; and last but not least, Zendaya with her bold, bum-skimming Rapunzel style. Naturally, the adaptable trend translates just as well to bags:
1. Chloé Mini Hudson Braided Suede Bag: Chloé is one of the major fashion houses that really understands how to use braids as a highly covetable detail. Credit their bohemian-infused attitude. At Luisa via Roma for $2,165.
2. The Row Suede Braided-Strap Wristlet Pouch: Brown suede and a braided and tasseled handle make a cozy couple, as proven by The Row’s soft touch with rustic styling. At Neiman Marcus for $1,450.
3. Thakoon Hudson Saddle Bag: You don’t often see a structured crossbody bag in this roomy of a size. Thanks to Thakoon’s restrained details, including a braid-wrapped, flat top handle, the proportions feel just right. At Barneys New York for $1,590.
4. Lanvin Black Small Fringed Tote: This one shows that the subtlest of details can make the highest amount of impact, like minimally fringed and, yes, braided accents at the handles. At Ssense for $1,450.
5. Valentino T.B.C. Braided Small Tote Bag: Behold the power of the braided handle: It upgrades a basic flare-gusset tote into something new and special. At Neiman Marcus for $1,677 (from $2,795).
Photo Credits: Getty