Who’s the Snobbiest Bag Snob of all?! Victoria Beckham, that’s who. Her personal style and hair (from cropped to long, frosty blonde to rich brunette) have changed greatly throughout the years, but one thing has remained constant: her bags. More specifically, her great taste in bags. Back in the late ‘90s, when the world knew her as Posh Spice – and though the nickname is far removed from her current identity, the word has “posh” always accurately described her – she complemented her super-short mini-dresses with bags of the itty-bitty black variety.
She soon graduated to Marc Jacobs (think the quilting-and-chain-link-hardware era), mega-statement pieces, and, soon enough, an enviable collection of Hermès Birkins. While Victoria remains an avid Birkin devotee, her bag repertoire has expanded with her eponymous line. Always ladylike, polished, and precisely on-point, she takes her clutches slim and slender, her top-handle totes structured and commanding, and she’s not afraid to work her own pieces like a true pro.
Shop Victoria’s Bag Transformation:
1. Marc Jacobs Big Trouble Leather Shoulder Bag (n NET-A-PORTER for $3,200)
2. Nancy Gonzalez Medium Crocodile Plissé Tote (At Saks Fifth Avenue for $3,800)
3. Victoria Beckham The Victoria Matte-Leather Tote (on NET-A-PORTER for $3,195)
4. Proenza Schouler PS Eliot Clutch (at Barneys New York for $1,825)
5. Tamara Mellon Speed Date Leopard-Print Calf-Hair Tote (on NET-A-PORTER for $1,495)
6. Hermès Vintage Birkin Handbag (on Farfetch for $17,999)