I just got back from a trip to Mexico, and even though it was only for a few days, you know I brought more than a few bags. Hey, when you pack well, you can do that! If you prefer an even more streamlined suitcase, though, just one or two of the below will do. Take this striped Sophie Anderson handmade cotton tote (on Forward by Elyse Walker for $425). You can carry it on the beach or when you’re farther inland, as a daily shopper bag. If it gets dirty, just throw it in the wash and get back to relaxing!
Frances Valentine FV PVC Patent Top Handle Tote: Remember Kate Spade? The person, not the brand. Well, she’s back with a feminine line of accessories, and none suit the beach life as well as this PVC top handle. On Frances Valentine for $345.
Frances Valentine Eve Signature Fabric Wedges: A pair of abstract floral shoes that are actually neutral? These are the summer wedges that every girly girl dreams of. On Frances Valentine for $545.
Proenza Schouler Large Shibori Dye Canvas Tote: Has tie-dye ever looked so sophisticated? On Forward by Elyse Walker for $950.
Derek Lam Tokyo Mules: The comfort of slippers but with plenty of style. On Farfetch for $650.
Truss Small Triptych Crossbody Tote: If you prefer a more structured bag, this graphic print in woven rattan is a great option. Plus, you don’t have to worry about sand getting in it! On Forward by Elyse Walker for $160.
Aurora Bailey Jewelry: It’s not all about the bags! I like a few pieces of bold gold jewelry to wear when I’m on a beach vacation. This necklace and hand-hammered gold and diamond emerald ring from Mexican designer Aurora Bailey served as my dose of sparkle.
Comme des Garçons Printed Tote: This folds up to virtually nothing for easy packing, and once your summer adventures are over, it can work just as well as a school book bag come fall. On Forward by Elyse Walker for $92.
Echo Design Hat: Crushable hats are a must, because like your beach bags, you don’t need to worry about keeping your headwear in pristine condition when there is sand and salty water involved. I bought the seashell one on the beach in Mexico for $5. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to be stylish! On Echo Design for $48.
Jeremy Scott x Longchamp Tote: Everyone’s favorite travel tote in an exclusive print from Jeremy Scott! I love the Blondie inspiration. The oversized design folds into a tiny square for your suitcase, and when you shop too much, doubles as another small luggage bag. On eBay for $275.
Hermès Jige Clutch: I like to pack one really Snobby bag per vacation. You never know when you’ll end up somewhere more formal than the beach! In Rouge H Box leather and canvas, this Jige is the most casual of the Hermès clutches.
My Beach Beauty Essentials:
1. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths: One wipe will clean your face of all makeup. I take these with me everywhere. At Sephora for $39.
2. Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection Sunscreen: This is one of the best sunscreens on the market. I used it daily, and my face didn’t get burned. On NET-A-PORTER for $89.
3. Serge Normant Meta Luxe Mini Hairspray: My favorite hairspray! It keeps flyaway hairs at bay on romantic evenings by the beach. At Nordstrom for $12.
4. Ouai Treatment Masque: The ocean and hot sun can dry hair out, but this mask is AMAZING for keeping locks smooth and supple. At Sephora for $32.
5. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss: All the makeup you really need on the beach! At Sephora for $26.
6. Bobbi Brown Beach Body Oil: Even if you hide in the shade like I do, this will give your skin the prettiest glow. At Nordstrom for $29.70 (from $33).
7. iS Clinical Super Serum: This brightens and lightens and keeps the freckles away. On DermStore for $145.
8. MAC Face Illuminator: Another trick for creating luminous skin without the help of the sun.
9. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Face Gel: I don’t tan my face, but I fake the look with this. On Amazon for $23.47.
MCM x Craig and Karl Clutch: This (old) limited edition remains a favorite. Even my bag wears sunglasses on the beach!
Don’t forget your Chanel sunnies. Happy trails, Snobs!