This one’s for all the mall warriors and department store troopers braving the last-minute holiday crowds. Shopping this season is hard enough, but when you’ve got an inconvenient bag with you (and that doesn’t count the multitude of shopping bags that pile up), it’s all pain and no pleasure. Up the enjoyment factor as much as you can by carrying something convenient and accessible. Whether your preference is crossbody, belt bag, or tote, we’ve got you covered with the best bags to shop with. Now if only we could do your shopping for you!
1. Reed Krakoff Snake and Leather Shoulder Bag: Go for a shoulder-to-crossbody bag so super-miniaturized, you’ll almost forget you have it on. Only almost, though, thanks to that pop of red snakeskin. On NET-A-PORTER for $990.
2. Miu Miu Leather Tote: A convenient satchel that expands to fit in a few small purchases on top of your shopping essentials, all in a grainy black leather fit to take a beating! On My Theresa for $2,100
3. Wendy Nichol Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag: Maybe it’s the Texan in me that’s reaching for this number, but I love how Wendy Nichol gives this tiny bag such big personality. On NET-A-PORTER for $955.
5. Lanvin Tassel-Handle Shopper: You can also take the approach of carrying a tote so big, you can fit plenty of purchases inside it, to minimize shopping-bag bulk. Lanvin’s shopper is uncommonly lovely. At Barneys New York for $1,490.
8. 3.1 Phillip Lim Ryder Small Leather Shoulder Bag: While the cushy top handle on this hard-structured bag is cute, you’ll be utilizing the lengthy strap, as well as the two-way zipper fastening. On NET-A-PORTER for $525.
4. Balenciaga Le Dix Leather Backpack (on My Theresa for $1,935)
6. Tomas Maier East West Canvas and Leather Shopper (on MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,007)
7. Gucci Soho Leather Cross-body Bag (on MATCHESFASHION.com for $922)