Care of Lanvin bag?

Dearest Bag Snob (hello Tina and Kelly!),

I just bought my first designer bag ever, the Lanvin Heroine in chestnut, which was massively on sale at Barneys and which I love love love and seems to match everything. Only problem is, I have discovered a mere drop of water will stain it. So what can I do — other than carry a plastic bag everywhere in case it rains? That wouldn’t be very elegant. Should I waterproof it? Ask at Barneys? Email Lanvin? Your advice would be very welcome. Thank you!

A Friend at WWD

Hi Friend,

So nice to hear from you! Am excited about your new Lanvin bag, sounds gorgeous. I would take it to a leather specialist or shoe cobbler and have it treated. I do that with my most treasured bags and a first designer bag (especially a Lanvin!) deserves to be pampered!


Bag Snob

p.s.(We love WWD and read it everyday!)

Dear Bag Snob,

Marvelous, I will do just that. Thank you so much for the excellent advice.

Hope you guys are doing great. I really enjoy reading Bagsnob. Your judgment

is spot-on.

A Friend at WWD.


  1. Anonymous
    June 28, 2007 / 5:03 pm

    That’s what I do with all my bags!

  2. lanvin fan
    June 28, 2007 / 5:38 pm

    this is really good to know. thank you for posting this. your website has turned me into a lanvin addict. i bought two lanvin bags on sale at barneys this year (one was 40% off, the other 60%…couldnt resist), and i will make sure to follow your care instructions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.