Celebrity and expert stylist for Pantene, Hallie Bowman, recently hosted an event for Pantene where she showcased some of fall’s hottest looks along with step-by-step instructions on how to achieve them. One of my favorite fall looks is the half-up glam style which looks like a variation on the classic Pompadour. It’s a day-to-night look that’s put together, but not too old-school. A good tip that Bowman gave while showing us how to create this look is to leave some hair behind the ear (a la Angelina Jolie)…so wonderfully effortless looking! Jump for Hallie’s how-to guide to get this look!
1. Start by using the Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo
and Conditioner to tame frizz and fly-aways.
2. Distribute the Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smoothing Crème evenly throughout wet hair to keep locks looking smooth and frizz-free all day.
3. Blow dry hair using a natural or combination bristle brush.
4. Begin the style by creating a deep side part (think 80s!).
5. Collect top half of hair starting above the ears, leaving bottom half loose (think half-up)
6. Collect sections of hair on sides of head, leaving a 2-inch
section of hair out on top of the head for use later, then slick sides
of hair back and collect with a bungee or clear elastic band at crown
7. Spray top section of hair with Pantene Pro-V Texture Spray Wax to add to make hair more malleable.
8. Pull top section of hair back, leaving volume at the top, and
secure at crown of head with pins; this will conceal elastic band for a
9. To lock in style, finish with a spritz of Pantene Pro-V Classic Flexible Hold Aerosol Hairspray.