What can you say about the style of the ultimate modern fashion icon, Kate Moss, that hasn’t already been said? The supermodel who’s launched a thousand trends, even more lookalikes, and several a Topshop craze is the definition of a style muse. She makes it all look effortless, whether wearing a leopard coat and t-shirt, an evening gown with up-to-there slits, or super-slinky leather pants, and that’s one of the reasons we’ll always secretly want to be her. Here, our take on her wardrobe essentials:
1. Tim Ryan Fringed Metallic Knitted Jacket: Our girl loves to upgrade a casual look with something show-stopping. And preferably involving plenty of fringe and a disco-infused attitude. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,515.
2. J Brand 9227 Cropped Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans:A pair of lightly cropped skinny jeans in gray, a year-round neutral, is one of the cornerstones of Moss’ inherently louche sensibility. On NET-A-PORTER for $180.
3. Mulberry The Bayswater Double-Zip Textured-Leather Tote: The inimitable model loves a spacious tote (Saint Laurent and Givenchy are often seen on her arm), and the It-Brit has a special affinity for English brand Mulberry. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,500.
4. Laurence Dacade Pete Suede Ankle Boots: One of Kate’s unspoken style rules: Never underestimate the power of a “basic” ankle boot, usually in neutral suede that gets better with wear. On NET-A-PORTER for $995.
5. Ray-Bans The Wayfarer Acetate Sunglasses: When Moss does want to hide those famous eyes of hers, she keeps it timeless with a pair of shades beloved by musicians and models alike. On NET-A-PORTER for $155.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette Color-Coded Eye Shadow Palette in The Rock Chick: This beauty chameleon keeps one look as a constant in her personal repertoire, and that’s the sultry, smoky eye. At Nordstrom for $52.
Photo Credit: FameFlynet