After a year of great collaborations (Rag & Bone! Mark Cross! Derek Lam!), I’m closing out the year with Barbie and Vogue China. As a little girl, I loved Barbie and had everything from Barbie’s Dreamhouse to her mobile home with a pool on the roof deck. It’s been so much fun to reunite with my childhood bestie! In time for New Year’s Eve, she has a miniaturized version of our Audrey jewel box, perfect for a glam night out with Ken and friends. (Note the Asian Barbie in my honor. Wish we had these when we were kids!) Read on for more bags you’ll want by your side when you welcome in the New Year – and that you’ll want to keep carrying for the rest of 2016.
1. Snob Essentials Audrey Jewel Box: If your plans are to party the night away, the Audrey is your best bet. The metallic box will hold an iPhone 6+ and plenty more, so live it up with the long crossbody chain. On Snob Essentials for $78.
2. Tom Ford Small Zip-Front Sequin Karung Crossbody Clutch Bag: I love the chunky, metro vibe of Tom Ford’s clutch. This is a sexy and edgy alternative to your average girly going-out bag. At Neiman Marcus for $1,390.
3. Saint Laurent Monogram Python-Effect Leather Clutch: Gold is a color that’s meant to be enjoyed throughout the year, not just at New Year’s! So let this get covered in confetti first, then watch it become a staple in due time. At Selfridges for $1,255.
4. Stella McCartney Falabella Mini-Crossbody Bag: Modern pearls from Stella McCartney? A trimming of these beauties is enough to make the Falabella feel utterly fresh again. At Barneys New York for $1,140.
5. Louis Vuitton Petite Malle Sequins: There’s nothing like closing out the year with a lot of sparkle, pop, and shine! Especially when it’s accompanied by Louis Vuitton’s brilliant now-signature mini-trunk. At Louis Vuitton for $6,600.
Photo Credits: Vogue China/Vogue Mini