These days, you rarely see a woman wearing a strand of pearls (unless that strand is used as a headband à la this Simone Rocha). The look today is more minimal with a mere pearl or two serving as accents, and really, that pared down style is perfectly in line with the sophistication we associate with pearls. From Kirkwood’s hidden gem to Maison Margiela’s peeking pearl, these jewels prove that little things can make all the difference.
1. Jason Wu Gold-Plated Rope Chain Pearly Necklace: Jason takes the bar pendant trend, and with a small pearl, turns this piece into a classic. At Neiman Marcus for $625.
2. Simone Rocha White Pearl Headband: A crown of pearls is fun without verging into tiara territory. On Ssense for $330.
3. Nicholas Kirkwood Black Stretch Suede Maeva Pearl Ankle Boots: I’m always accessorizing my accessories with jewels. These do the work for you! On SSENSE for $1,150.
4. Maison Margiela Gold Off-Set Pearl Ring: Two traditional styles – the signet ring and the pearl – come together for a decidedly updated look. On Ssense for $320.
5. Ana Khouri Jane Cuff: Dueling black and white pearls for Snobs who simply can’t decide on just one color. At Barneys New York for $8,900.
6. Hirotaka Akoya Pearl & Gold Arrow Earring: The perfect alternative for days when pearl studs just aren’t enough. At Barneys New York for $195.
7. Delfina Delettrez Sapphire, Pearl, Malachite & Yellow-Gold Earring: Delfina Delettrez takes the minimal look one step further with a solo earring. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $890.