Do the best things really come in small packages? Or do you say the bigger the better? Never mind the fact that the Fendi Peekaboo Micro doesn’t actually fit anything other than a credit card and lipstick (forget about squeezing an iPhone in there). Teeny, tiny, eeny, meeny micro bags are the hottest style trend of the moment, and we know functionality matters not when it comes to trends.
Call me the Goldilocks of bag sizes. I prefer to have the best of both worlds – and to bring my phone with me when I go out. If you’re going to go micro, Fendi’s Baguette is actually a better choice. This happy medium welcomes an iPhone 6, credit card holder, and a few other things, so consider it the great compromise of petites. On the other end of the spectrum: bigger-than-life jumbo bags. I find the bigger the bag, the more likely you are to fill it with stuff. Thanks to the baby bag trend, my haul has become so simplified and I carry only the real necessities. So which trend do you prefer? Fendi Baguette embellished leather shoulder bag, $4,700, on My Theresa.
1. Prada Mini Saffiano Promenade Bag: Cute and classic, Prada knows less can be more, in more ways than one. At Neiman Marcus for $1,060.
2. Fendi Peekaboo Micro Satchel Bag: Don’t even try to jam your life in here. Know this scaled-down statement piece is strictly for effect. At Neiman Marcus for $1,550.
3. Gucci Soho Leather Disco Bag: Gucci’s logo and trademark tassel evoke retro glam, especially in diminutive proportions. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $980.
4. Saint Laurent Sac de Jour Baby Satchel Bag: There’s something so satisfying about seeing a stern and structured style all shrunken down. At Neiman Marcus for $2,590.
Large and In Charge:
2. Givenchy Nightingale Medium Satchel Bag: Consider this one of the modern age’s quintessential satchels. And just try not to keep tossing goods in here. At Neiman Marcus for $2,340.
3. Saint Laurent Sac de Jour Small Carryall Bag: Or do you prefer the Sac de Jour in its original incarnation? Suddenly it looks so big! At Neiman Marcus for $2,750.
4. Jérôme Dreyfuss Raoul Zig-Zag Tie & Die Bleu Patchwork Bag: This hippie-chic duffel walks the line between roomy day bag and modest-sized weekender. At Jérôme Dreyfuss for $1,053 (from $1,505).
Photo Credit: Chiara Ferragni, Stockholm-StreetStyle.com, Vogue, and PurseBlog