Below is the second and final installment of 2008 Snob Trends!
11. Healthy Candles: Who knew that candles could be a health hazard? The folks at Lavanila thankfully! This year candle lovers could breath easy knowing that they weren’t inhaling the chemicals contained in many traditional paraffin candles — which release toxins and soot that cause damage comparable to second-hand smoking — thanks to Lavanila’s Healthy Candle .
12. Pricey Skin Care: At $400 for 6.7 oz Kanebo’s Sensai Premier Body Cream is pricier than La Mer, so obviously this peaked everyone’s interest! Haven’t tried it for myself, but judging by the quality of the Kanebo products that I have tried, I imagine that it’s simply divine..ahhhh:)
13. Diffusers: Everywhere I go –bedrooms, bathrooms, restaurants, boutiques — they’re all over! This year we couldn’t get enough of diffusers! Sweet Grass Farm, Verikira, Thymes, and Moments Waterbead Diffusers by Upper Canada Soap take the cake as the best!
14. Neon Polish: The limited edition Essie Neon collection hit this summer and it was all the rage — and come on, what screams fun in the sun like fluorescent nails!
15. Beauty with a side of Humor: Tongue-and-cheek packaging was all over the place this year. Who ruled over them all? Soap & Glory! The line comes courtesy of the same lady who founded Bliss and it’s inspired by tabloid-style journalism!
More after The Jump!
16. Charitable Causes: There were so many beauty products where proceeds went to charitable causes. One of the most successful of the year was the David Babaii for WildAid Collection. The line was developed with the help of Kate Hudson and 10 percent of proceeds benefit the Wildaid Wildlife Protection Program. Also, the line is free of sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, and animal products!
17. Drug Store Fab Finds: From Biore Blemish Fighting Cleansing Cloths and Yes to Carrots, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers, to Vichy (love Aqualia Thermal Eyes!) and La Roche-Posay (check-out their Toleriane Foaming Cleanser, a perennial fave!) — there were a ton of fab drugstore finds this year!
18. Sugar is the New Wax: Much less painful than waxing, sugaring — in 2008 — finally went mainstream. Check-out Shobha!
19. Organic is the New Green: No I’m not saying that green has gone away — if anything it’s all the more prevalent with so many beauty brands becoming conscious of how they package and produce their products (Kiss My Face is a total pioneer when it comes to this), but organic has hit the beauty industry hard this year! Fab beauty buys that are made with organic ingredients have been popping-up all over! Of note are organicare, Jurlique, Verikira, and Om Aroma!