Here’s a simple ode to the power of the bag. I’ve said a bag can make or break an outfit more times than I can count, and it seems a few celebrities of the moment tend to agree. Whether in clutch or crossbody form, these bags are petite yet potent, and their ability to elevate an otherwise ordinary outfit is proven, from slashed jeans to a sharp red suit.
1. Janelle Monae and Les Petits Joueurs: There’s something about designer Maria Sole Cecchi’s cheeky aesthetic that suits Janelle and her boy-meets-girl-meets-graphic style so well. Les Petits Joueurs Mondrian clutch, $657 on Farfetch.
2. Penelope Disick and Fendi: Yes, Kourtney’s three-year-old daughter is carrying a Fendi bag, while getting carried by her aunt Khloe, no less. Her Fendi doesn’t just look like a very expensive toy – the micro size is actually suited to the toddler’s proportions. Fendi Peekaboo micro embellished satin-twill shoulder bag, $3,450 on NET-A-PORTER.
3. Lily Aldridge and Isabel Marant: Stepping out to dinner in Los Angeles, the model proves that not only is a beaded bag a brilliant way to inject color into a neutral palette, but that yours doesn’t have to be brand-new to make an impact. Her ageless Isabel Marant clutch is from 2011. This year, Marant let guitar strap-inspired style take center stage. Isabel Marant Hira nappa leather and suede shoulder bag, $1,360 on Luisa via Roma.
4. Emma Roberts and Coach: New redhead Emma Roberts played up a very playful look by punctuating her print with Coach’s fresh take on patchwork. Coach Dinky crossbody 24, $550 at Coach.
5. Amy Willerton and JADEtribe: Miss Universe Great Britain brought a shot of color to her casual coffee run by carrying JADEtribe’s textural, ethnic-inspired clutch. JADEtribe Eliz fringe clutch, $144 at JADEtribe.
Photo Credit: Getty Images