Calling all snobby vegans (I know you’re out there!)! Amazing developments in technology have given way to many brilliantly constructed fabric options, so you can have your “leather” and save the cows, too. I can’t say these methods are necessarily the most ecofriendly in the long run, but it’s a give and take. Animal-lovers, rest easy when you carry these chic-meets-compassionate PU picks. Our top 5 animal friendly bags:
1. Stella McCartney Faux Leather Shoulder Bag: The veritable queen of non-leather leather still rules this season, with her fresh take on two standbys: the white-on-black motif and flap-and-chain style. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,050.
2. Marni Two-Tone Faux Patent-Leather Clutch: Now this is an on-sale steal anyone can stand behind. Two doses of neutral hues equal double the (refined and restrained) fun. On Luisa via Roma for $301 (from $430).
3. Warehouse Flap-Top Tote Bag: This well-conceived blend of cotton, PU, and polyester looks far more expensive than its fantastically low price tag. Which means it’s guilt-free, two ways. At Warehouse for $65.60.
4. McQ Alexander McQueen Concertina Faux Leather Bag: You’ll be too busy admiring the uncommonly edgy floral pattern on this cool-girl evening bag to even remember it’s not real leather. On Shopbop for $560.
5. Cornelia Guest Nicholas Satchel: The socialite-turned-vegan accessories designer nails simple sophisticated with this perfectly slouchy woven day satchel. On Farfetch for $415.