I’m off to Art Basel Miami today, so needless to say, I’m in an especially visual state of mind. What to wear while you’re checking out new of-the-moment artists, exhibit hopping, and hitting parties with the nouveau gallery crowd? A colorful bag that can contend with the pieces on the wall, of course. Miami invites a playful mood, so spring for an appropriately-striking accessory that references bouncy Pop Art, features abstract graphics, or simply delivers plenty of aesthetic oomph.
1. Marni Jack Davidson Tote: Take two paintings with your tote! Marni’s collaboration with artist Jack Davidson features two works of original art, one on each side, so you can switch up the image with a flip of your arm. Available for pre-order at Barneys New York for $450 (expect delivery in March).
2. Christopher Kane Lenticular Four Hearts Leather Pouch: Mr. Kane proves he’s a master of optical illusion with this lovey-dovey leather pouch. Holographic hearts seem to shift and move as you do. At MATCHESFASHION.com for $498.
3. Les Petits Joueurs Mick Mini Fur-Pom Bunny Backpack: Dashing around during the day calls for a geometric backpack, à la bold stitching, that puts a fluffy, fuchsia pompom in the spotlight. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $1,115 (expect shipping by April 7th).
4. Akris Ai Medium Printed Fabric Shoulder Bag: A floral tote that brings to mind the magnetic works of Georgia O’Keeffe makes for the perfect carryon that can double as a beach bag. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,465.
5. Roger Vivier Ines Floral-Print Small Pochette Bag: Only Roger Vivier could make ridiculously youthful, mod-inspired daisies look this chic. Consider this the perfect counterpart to your basic LBD. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $1,750 (expect shipping by March 31st).