My bedroom is painted the palest shade of blue, a most quietly calming hue. Not only is baby blue the ideal choice for my boudoir, it’s one of my favorite colors, especially when it comes to handbags. Don’t be fooled by the innocent associations. Its mood can run the gamut, depending whether it’s delivered with classic smooth skin or edgy textured leather, with hard structure, chunky hardware, or a super-slouchy silhouette.
1. Prada Saffiano Lux Double-Zip Tote Bag: This is one of my all-time favorite Prada styles. When it comes to classic bags, it’s hard to beat such an effortlessly polished number. At Neiman Marcus for $1,990.
2. Balenciaga Maillon Mini All Afternoon Leather Tote: If you prefer your structured totes with a more avant-garde slant, opt for this ultra-modern top handle. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,635.
3. The Row The Sling Leather Bag: This slouchy sling is a must for girls who like their bags casual, comfortable, a little offbeat, and deeply luxe. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,950.
4. Tom Ford Alix Small Zip & Padlock Crossbody Bag: Count on Tom to make a sweet shade feel slightly sexy, thanks to his S&M-approved padlock detail. At Neiman Marcus for $1,900.
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim The Pashli Mini Messenger Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag: For those Snobs who would normally steer clear of baby blue, Lim’s crackly, cream-tinged texture makes for a cool compromise. On NET-A-PORTER for $825.
We love this shade so much, it’s the central color of our own Spring collection. Bring on the baby blue!
1. Snob Essentials Round Treasure Crossbody (on HSN for $88)
2. Snob Essentials Treasure Tote (on HSN for $98)
3. Snob Essentials Adele Dome Satchel (on HSN for $128)
4. Snob Essentials Amelia Messenger (on HSN for $68)
5. Snob Essentials Andie Bucket Handbag (on HSN for $98)