Denim is now nearly unrecognizable! This spring season, designers are taking everything a major step past black skinnies, saucy bellbottoms, and other basic blues. Forget your old jeans, and think more dressed up than off-duty! Opt for denim pieces in unexpected designs, from flirty dresses to coolly off-kilter silhouettes to hippie-chic adornments.
1. Dion Lee Stretch-Denim Wrap-Effect Skirt: Play it cool with an artfully wrapped denim skirt, which looks like you nonchalantly fashioned a denim shirt into a new creation. But better. On NET-A-PORTER for $530.
2. Stella McCartney Cut-Out Denim Playsuit: Next time you take a jaunt to the park or have a grown-up playdate, this precocious romper should be your uniform of choice. On Matches Fashion for $975.
3. J Brand + Simone Rocha Ruffled Denim Mini Dress: I’d never thought I’d see a denim dress befitting of a jazzy cocktail party, but this confection of ruffles and red proves me wrong. On NET-A-PORTER for $590.
4. Christopher Kane Floral-Embroidered Jeans: When it comes to the classic boyfriend jean, embroidery and embellishments are back with a vengeance. Kane’s crafty-cool take elevates your most casual staple. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,029.
5. Fendi Denim Espadrilles: Craving something sweet for spring? A patent-leather pink cap-toe plus indigo cotton upgrades the flat espadrille. On My Theresa for $400.