Don’t think of blue as a hue so different from black. Just think of the shade as jet-black’s more mellow, yet equally mysterious and often just as neutral sister. I am! This season, I’m trading my basic blacks for a variety of sophisticated blue hues, from navy (the ultimate classy no-brainer) to royal, a.k.a. cobalt (the trendy-turned-timeless color), to black and blue blends (the great compromise). True blue, indeed!
1. Diane von Furstenberg Sutra Foxy Muff Clutch: DVF is feeling decadent this season, as illustrated by her use of sumptuous fur (and warranted higher price point). And when Diane feels decadent, so do I. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,698.
2. Reece Hudson Bowery Small Bucket Bag: Black and blue make for the great give-and-take, especially in this brand’s increasingly capable hands. Coolly juxtaposing textures don’t hurt, either. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $675 (expect shipping by January 8th).
3. Roland Mouret Classico Leather Shoulder Bag: If anyone can make royal blue feel even more regal, it’s one Roland Mouret. His play on origami-inspired folds and geometry adds endless intrigue. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,050.
4. Gucci Diamante-Effect Leather Bucket Bag: I love Gucci best when they pay homage to their quintessential roots while injecting contemporary details. Throwback embossed navy looks fresh in a bucket shape. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,268.
5. Balenciaga Padlock Nude Work Mini-Crossbody Bag: Between the super-cute size, perky tote shape, and textural, contrasting top handles, navy and nude is a duo I’m rooting for. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,465.