If you’re like me and don’t like to get your hair wet or actually lay out, going to the pool is a fashion event unto itself. As a matter of fact, the only time I do allow the sun to hit my face is when I’m taking a selfie. But I do like lounging by the swimming pool – and there’s something about that shade of cool yet bright aqua blue that’s at once calming and invigorating, eliciting chlorine-soaked summer memories. While these bags aren’t necessarily made to sit poolside (no splashing, please!), they do bring the deep end right to you. Pair them with the biggest sunhat you can find, like Eugenia Kim’s wide brim with grosgrain trim.
1. Balenciaga Le Dix Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag: I love a polished bag in a lighthearted hue, and this light-blue Le Dix nails the best of both worlds. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,225.
2. Nancy Gonzales Cristina Medium Crocodile Tote Bag: Make a splash with this instantly quintessential crocodile tote, which packs all the color you need to make any neutral caftan pop. At Bergdorf Goodman for $3,750.
3. McQ Alexander McQueen Vali Leopard-Print Elaphe and Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag: You need not fully commit to oceanic aqua to enjoy the water, as proven by this streetwise semi-snakeskin shoulder bag. On NET-A-PORTER for $890.
4. Dries Van Noten Snake-Stamped Small Shoulder Bag: A more muted shade of textural blue evokes a dip in the Jacuzzi, and there’s nothing wrong with that. At Barneys New York for $770.
5. Christian Louboutin Passage Colorblock Textured-Leather Tote: A burst of fiery orange is a great contrast to bold turquoise, especially on a wildly graphic convertible bag. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,995.