Maybe it’s the annual sense of sobriety we feel each fall, as summer’s laidback mood fades, but there’s a new severity at play on some of my favorite bags. Think strong geometric lines and clean, bold designs. Whether crisp and neutral or rich and colorful, these geometric bags exude pure confidence.
1. Valextra Isis Clutch: Go for ladylike polish with a deliciously grownup day clutch that’s perfect for power lunches and leisurely afternoons alike. At Barneys New York for $2,000.
2. Anya Hindmarch Ebury Maxi Tote: You’ll be surprised by the high level of versatility a stark black and white tote provides, especially one as sleek as this. Available for pre-order at Barneys New York for $2,295 (expect delivery in November).
3. Rag & Bone Sullivan Hobo: A slim north-south tote will be your best friend when it comes to long days, and this retro-inspired mix of suede and leather will perk up the most neutral of outfits. At Barneys New York for $995.
4. Clare V Colorblock Leather and Suede Clutch: This mixed-material frugal find functions just as well as a casual clutch as it does a multipurpose pouch. On NET-A-PORTER for $225.
5. Roger Vivier Mini Buckle Stars Wallet on Chain: If you want to take some whimsy with your graphics, opt for Roger Vivier’s wallet on a chain, which lets you pack a punch while you travel light. At Neiman Marcus for $1,150.