Right at the top of my Beauty Bucket List is having Charlotte Tilbury do my makeup. This weekend, I came one step closer when her right hand, Nelson Catarino, worked his special Tilbury magic and gave me her signature Rocker Chick face.
I have to admit: I hadn’t had this much eyeliner on since high school. But unlike back in high school, this smoked-out eye looks so natural and beautiful, not harsh. Throw out any preconceived notions you might have that lining your entire eye will close it up and make your peepers appear smaller. Actually, when lined and smudged properly, eyes not only look bigger, they have substantially more depth. And let’s not even get into the glow on my skin!
All faces MUST start with Magic Cream and Wonderglow (see below for more on those), followed by the foundation (just one; it’s all you need). Nelson used #4 Fair foundation on me, and I became instantly obsessed with the Filmstar Killer Cheekbones brush and sculpting set! This face sculpt is transformative; I have good cheekbones but they became killer. Then Lip Cheat liner gave me a full pout. Followed by lipstick and a slick of gloss, I was ready for anything. Charlotte Tilbury’s line just launched at Nordstrom in Dallas and The Grove in LA. Go play!
1. Charlotte’s Magic Cream Treat & Transform Moisturizer: This stuff couldn’t be more aptly named. It literally works magic on your skin, no matter how parched. At Nordstrom for $95.
2. Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash: This crazy-smart cream “steals” UV light from your surroundings and reemits it onto your skin for an instantly radiant complexion. At Nordstrom for $52.
3. Full Fat Lashes 5-Star Mascara: Unlike so many formulas, this mascara stays soft and velvety, so you can reapply as often as you want. At Nordstrom for $29.
4. Luxury Palette Color-Coded Eyeshadow Palette: Charlotte gives you the option of 10 distinctly iconic looks, from the Uptown Girl to the Vintage Vamp. Which girl will you be? Remember, there’s NO mixing allowed! You must stick with each eye palette as she created it. I chose the Rocker Chick palette. At Nordstrom for $52.
5. Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil: This liquid powder liner is one of the best things invented since sliced bread. Enough said. At Nordstrom for $26.
The MUST-try from Charlotte Tilbury:
1. Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black and Eye Cheat
2. Quick Fine Line Shodõ Pen in Panther
3. Swish & Pop Blush in Love Is The Drug
4. Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium
6. Lift & Shade Eyebrow Pencil in Cara D
7. Luxe Color-Lasting Lip Lacquer in High Society, Hall Of Fame, and Portobello Girl
10. Re-Size & Re-Shape Lip Liner in Iconic Nude and Savage Rose