Moving away from the Technicolor brights of spring and summer, we plunge into rich plum wine as we look ahead to fall. I do love my red wines – in my glass and on my arm – and the deeper, the better. Which could offer various benefits; spills will easily blend in. (NO, just kidding. Never spill on your bags, even if your poison of choice is the same color). Here’s to fine wines that only get better with age:
1. Brunello Cucinelli Padded Suede Satchel Bag: Allover cushioning (topped with steel trim) lends soft structure to plush suede for total lushness.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $2,440.
2. Mark Cross Madison Bag: The sharply angular Madison is a Cross classic, but I’m feeling a real sense of freshness thanks to this warm hue.
Will be available at Mark Cross for $1895.
3. Miu Miu Cracked Glossed-Leather Tote: Big, shiny, and perfectly, just-slightly rugged: this could be your go-to of the season.
On NET-A-PORTER for $1,650.
4. MCM Belle Shopper 22: I’m loving seeing MCM without the logos. That slouchy front pocket, topped with tab closure makes for an effect that’s effortless and functional.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,070.
5. Zagliani Python Medium Diana Bag: When your wine comes with a side of python, it becomes completely swoon-worthy. This is a luscious investment to last.
Exclusively at Barneys New York for $4,500.