Forget the clutch for now. It’s the pouch that’s the real fashion-editor favorite of the moment. Why, you ask? Pouches are easy to grab, more low-key than their structured counterparts, and instantly make you look like an insider. And don’t think they’re meant to be reserved just for day (while they do make for perfect street-style photographer fodder). The right pouch will be your best friend at this season’s holiday parties. Here, the ones that you’ll want to keep in your hand all night long, from the investment-worthy to the frugal finds:
1. Bottega Veneta Metallic Intrecciato Leather and Watersnake Pouch: Liquid-like gold and Bottega’s signature texture spells luxe, plain and simple. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,050.
2. Victoria Beckham Two-Tone Leather Clutch: Rich magenta and cool tangerine in a sleek portfolio style makes for a great combination – and a directional take on colorblocking. On NET-A-PORTER for $650.
3. Pierre Hardy Medium Pouch: A shape that welcomes a little slouch and subtle spots against of a pop of color: this one will wear in quite nicely. On Farfetch for $345.
4. Lanvin Leopard-Print Calf Hair and Textured-Leather Clutch: A burst of animal print on an oversized silhouette and topped with a snake-chain wristlet makes for glamorous intrigue. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,385.
5. Vivienne Westwood Metallic Patch Pouch: Feeling quirky? Leave it to the original queen of rebellious Anglomania to offer a fresh take on both calf hair and metallic leather. On Farfetch for $484.
1. Fossil Small Pouch: Keep it simple with a mini wristlet pouch that fits just as well in your hands as it does in your daily tote. On Zappos for $45.
2. McQ Alexander McQueen Embossed Leather Pouch: Resort-ready colors and a cool mod-inspired stitched pattern add up to a no-brainer must. On THE OUTNET for $70.50 (from $235).
3. Alice + Olivia Envelope Pouch: If you’re not springing for a Bottega, this cute take on snake-embossed leather makes for a current classic. On Shopbop for $70.
4. Pierre Hardy Pouch: Bold geometry may be on-trend right now, but this is Hardy’s quintessential pattern, so you know it will never go out of season. On yoox.com for $109 (from $155).
5. Rebecca Minkoff Kerry Naughty/Nice Pouch: Get in the spirit of the season, and let everyone know if you’ve been naughty or nice this year with a simple flip of your pouch! At Nordstrom for $75.