Each and every week doesn’t start with a bang. Sometimes you get the luxury of easing on in, especially when it comes to weeks that end early like this one, which officially kicks off the holiday season. Speaking of luxury, these easygoing, new bags possess a different kind of luxe appeal, proving earthy embellishments with a rustic twist can be as alluring as the all-out glam stuff. Pick these up to take the mood down a notch now, and then take them on a beach vacation later:
1. Elizabeth and James Tassel-Trimmed Croc-Effect Leather and Suede Shoulder Bag: Elizabeth and James continue to up their bag game, this time with a flat, avant-garde shoulder style, topped with neutral, braided detailing and wooden beads. On NET-A-PORTER for $595.
2. Nancy Gonzalez Embellished Crocodile Clutch: Consider this clutch the perfect mix of festive and funky. Glossy croc and metallic beads bring the party, while the vibe of the materials is anything but flashy. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,750.
3. Jil Sander View Canvas-Striped Leather Shoulder Bag: This multi-season bag is even more versatile than it looks. Black leather sets the tone, while stripes of cream canvas invite a hand-touched attitude that can transcend temperatures. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,908.
4. Saint Laurent Passementerie Python-Effect Crossbody Bag: Out of their Resort ’16 collection, Saint Laurent’s super-textural little bag packs a multitude of moods. A tasseled weave complements python stamping and a streetwise chain strap. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,990.
5. Kara Fringed Rice Bag: Bags this chic under $500 don’t come around often. It’s the contrasting draw-cord closure that sets this fringed bucket apart from the rest. Exclusively at Barneys New York for $440.