This week, I’m all about bags that make me want to reach out and touch them – and then keep carrying them well into the fall season. A little bit of texture can go a long way, and a lot can go even further. Here are five bags that prove some happy textural overload can be just enough to revive your wardrobe:
1. Chloé Drew Small Python Shoulder Bag: The secret to ensuring patchwork looks snobby and chic? Put it in diamond-shaped panels of shiny python. Available for pre-order (expect shipping by October 30th) for $3,990 at Bergdorf Goodman.
2. Lanvin Private Metallic Brocade Clutch: Abstract panels of woven brocade add up to a bag that will shimmer any day of the week. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,285.
3. Etro Ayers & Tapestry Patchwork Shoulder Bag: Take your kitschy tapestry with a decadent dose of ayers snakeskin for layers of autumnal flavor. On Luisa via Roma for $2,720.
4. Valentino Mini Lock Geometric Leather & Ayers Bag: The fact that this shoulder bag is strictly in shades of black and ivory ensures Valentino’s multi-dimensional texture stands out and stays classy. On Luisa via Roma for $3,675.
5. Bottega Veneta Medium Intrecciato Snakeskin Tote Bag: Black and blue is an enduring and unconventional combination, and so is Bottega’s wonderfully tactile weave. At Bergdorf Goodman for $5,950.