Maybe it’s the fact that the wildest day of the year is rapidly approaching (have you got your costumes ready?) or perhaps it’s just fashion’s ongoing love affair with all things irreverent, unexpected, quirky, and off-the-wall, but I’m feeling wacky this Monday. And so are these bags designed to look like other objects. But there’s a fine line between wacky and wack, so know your limits and proceed with caution!
1. Shrimps Multi Rainbow Faux Fur Clutch: Reminiscent of a funky slice of watermelon, this stripy, furry clutch is kooky without being completely crazy. On Avenue 32 for $315.
2. Kate Spade New York Candy Wrapper Clutch: A bonbon-esque bag like this is probably best relegated to your Halloween costume (calling all candy-stripers!), unless you’ve got a great sense of humor. On Shopbop for $318.40 (from $398).
3. Lulu Guinness Shocking Pink Perspex Lips Clutch: A few years ago, Lulu Guinness’ quintessential clutch represented total kitsch. Now, after an onslaught of likeminded bags, it almost feels classic. On Avenue 32 for $395.
4. Anya Hindmarch Trickle Little Trees Leather Bag Charm: I’m a big fan of showing my wacky side with the help of a funny fashion charm, which eliminates the need for a full-on commitment. On Luisa via Roma for $350.
5. Charlotte Olympia C-Champagne Bag: For her ABC Collection, Charlotte selected one of my all-time favorite party treats for the letter “C.” Because every soiree needs a bottle of bubbly. At Charlotte Olympia for $675.