Is there a top style more divisive than the crop top? (And not just because it cuts your torso in half.) Beloved by some, rebuffed by others, and feared by the rest, everyone has an opinion. I’m here to say don’t dismiss the crop top just yet! It’s a trend no more, having evolved into a contemporary staple, especially as trouser and jean waists stay high.
1. Milly Cady Bustier: Structured and seamed, this mega-bright bustier exudes vintage-inspired appeal. Mix and match it for a modern take. On NET-A-PORTER for $195.
2. Chloé Crocheted Lace Bandeau Top: Pure romance! Draped to perfection, this midnight-blue top will become the star of your beach vacations this summer. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,450.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Summer Cotton Crop Top: The cool folds and crossover front design of this shell exude clean crispness. Plus, the poplin fabric will keep its shape on the most humid of days. On Shopbop for $248.
4. Miu Miu Crop Top: I love Miu Miu’s retro-bad girl Spring collection, and this saucy-meets-sweet ruffled pink top is an easy-to-wear standout right from the runway. On My Theresa for $750.
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim Cotton-Blend Crop Top: Eyelets get a modern makeover, thanks to Phillip Lim and his punchy take on clean, pristine white. Extra points for the flattering scoop-neck cut. On My Theresa for $522.