The best times are often unexpected: once in a while, a night is so good it takes you right into the next morning. Lo and behold, the sun is up and you’re still in your cocktail attire. While I can’t do much about your body-skimming dress or five-inch stilettos, I’ve spotted a few hot summer bags that are ready, willing, and able to make a seamless transition from a night on the town to whatever the next day holds in store. Sure, you may be exhausted, but these bags prove doing double duty can still look fresh!
1. Proenza Schouler Fringe Small Lunch Bag: Don’t count out the crossbody for evenings, at least not when it’s been outfitted in tidy tiers of fringe by our boys at Proenza. This color will amp up any all-black outfit, and the size leaves plenty of room for, you know, an extra pair of underwear. At Barneys New York for $1,175.
2. M2Malletier Fabricca Mini Metallic Watersnake Shoulder Bag: Low-maintenance snobs will have no problem packing light and tossing this metallic mini bag over their shoulders, no matter what time it is. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,830.
3. Alexander McQueen Croc-Effect Leather Envelope Clutch: The beauty of a croc-stamped clutch in classic black is that done right, it looks as correct in the boardroom as it does in the cocktail lounge. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,345.
4. Bottega Veneta Rialto Small Shoulder Bag: Snakeskin trim and pewter-toned metal hardware speak of after-dark mischief while midnight-blue suede and intrecciato detailing feel right at home in the bright light of day. At Barneys New York for $2,450.
5. Christian Louboutin Rougissime Leather-Trimmed Metallic PU Clutch: The glimmering, holographic finish speaks of disco nights, while the exaggerated size and optional shoulder strap (keep it inside the clutch to use at a moment’s notice) say daytime delight. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,350.