Honey, I shrunk the backpack! The mega-popular mini-bag trend will not be going anywhere. And I’m not complaining. What’s cuter than a tiny mini backpack? Kind of a throwback to the style of Clueless’ Cher Horowitz, circa 1995, it just goes to show what goes around comes around, and the mid-nineties are back with a capital B. This bag is also a good excuse to travel light – my Amex, lip gloss, and iPhone are all I really require when I go out.
1. Valentino Rockstud Mini Backpack: If this totally cute confection of pink leather, rockstuds done right, and a sweet size doesn’t charm you, then I don’t know what will. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $2,595 (expect shipping by April 7th).
2. Marni Mini Backpack: On the other hand, something more grown-up might be more your speed. In that case, look to Marni’s discreet drawstring style. At Barneys New York for $1,010.
3. Mansur Gavriel Mini Structured Leather Backpack: Like the brand’s too-hot-to-keep-in-stock bucket bag, this smooth and simple backpack is sure to fly off the shelves. I’m loving it in bright red. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $795 (expect shipping by April 7th).
4. Nancy Gonzalez Bi-Color Crocodile Mini Backpack: How to step up a backpack? Simple: crocodile skin plus a delicious color combination plus Nancy’s finessing touch takes it to another level. On Moda Operandi for $3,200.
5. The Row Mini Backpack: The relatively larger size of one of The Row’s quintessential styles makes this one an investment that will get plenty of use. At Barneys New York for $2,850.