Mirror, mirror, in your closet! But I’m not talking about your full-length reflection. I’m talking about this latest crop of patent-leather pieces so shiny, slick, and seemingly glossed, you might have to fight the urge to whip out the Windex just to keep them extra high-gleam. No need for any household cleaning products! These pieces maintain their burnished shine all on their own. Pick one out as a New Year’s Eve treat for yourself! You’ve got to start off 2015 well-dressed, no?
1. Christopher Kane Patent-Leather and Shearling Coat: Cher Horowitz would approve of this off-the-way confection of textured and seamed patent leather and unexpected baby-pink shearling. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,992.50, from $5,985.
2. Moschino Cheap & Chic Patent-Leather Sandals: When it comes to the crazy-playful, nobody is turning it out like Moschino at the moment. Take, for example, these slightly spiky, very bubblegum sandals. On Luisa via Roma for $450.
3. Givenchy Pencil-Skirt: Out of the dominatrix dungeon and onto the runway: Who says an oil-slick pencil skirt can’t evoke a figurative sense of polish? On NET-A-PORTER for $2,450.
4. Gianvito Rossi Patent-Leather Pumps: The most classic of the bunch, a pair of lipstick-red power pumps (or “f**k me” shoes, depending on your perception!) with the veneer of high-octane lip gloss adds instant sex appeal. On Matches Fashion for $678.
5. Stella McCartney Beckett Metallic Clutch: Stella always knows how to make us girls shine. With this icy silver, mahogany-lined clutch, she does it literally, On My Theresa for $875.