I’m no highbrow art connoisseur, but I do know a thing or two about bags. I also know that a painterly motif can make for an invigorating way to liven up your wardrobe. Fashion’s visual arts trend has been gaining traction for quite some time, and I’m especially appreciating the latest crop of gallery-worthy pieces. From feathery brushstrokes to abstract doodles to picturesque landscapes to hand-drawn sketches, these bags may inspire you to get in touch with your own inner painter. And if they don’t, you’ll still look like you appreciate the fine arts.
1. Fendi Peekaboo Large Patent Leather-Trimmed Suede Tote: With a suede and patent leather hybrid design, this Peekaboo creates a spray paint effect with seriously deceptive dimension. On NET-A-PORTER for $4,850.
2. Edie Parker Large Striped Acrylic Trunk Crossbody Bag: Edie Parker’s hard acrylic shoulder-to-crossbody bag is the perfect canvas for a tranquil oceanic scene. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,795.
3. Jimmy Choo Small Rebel Feather Print Crossbody Bag: A burst of abstract art is an invigorating way to energize an off-white staple. Extra points for the royal-purple gusset. At Nordstrom for $1,125.
4. Emilio Pucci Multicolor Leather Vintage Print Tote: Casual totes shouldn’t take themselves too seriously, and this people watching-themed sketch makes for an appropriate travel companion. On Ssense for $980.
5. Sophie Hulme Extendable Printed Matte-Leather Bucket Bag: A funky bucket bag deserves an offbeat pattern, and Sophie delivers just that with her jewel-inspired print. On NET-A-PORTER for $854 (from $1,220).