Black leather is an eternal classic and unwavering staple. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon, but a new shade of leather is hot on its trails. Burning hot. This season, rich, saturated red is the unexpected and ultra-confident alternative to neutral skin. Just one key crimson piece, whether it’s a pair of bum-hugging leather pants, a casual motorcycle jacket, or brilliant shift dress, has the potential to take your wardrobe from fizzle to sizzle. Rock some red and keep the rest neutral – this color is so potent, it’s most powerful in measured doses.
1) Notify Bamboo Mid-Rise Skinny Leather Pants: Fiery leather pants are part of every denim label’s collection this fall, but Notify has achieved the perfect shade of deep lipstick-red, while the jean style makes for casual ease. On Net-a-Porter for $900.
2) Veda Thriller Leather Jacket: Slouchy, laid-back cool. Red has never looked so nonchalant. You would be surprised how versatile a motorcycle jacket this color can be. Play up Veda’s relaxed crinkle goatskin and style it sans fuss. On ShopBop for $770.
3) Tibi Leather T-Shirt: It’s not just the hue that makes Tibi’s tee a smart take on the leather shirt. The boxy, almost-cropped cut and laser-cut edges add up to breathable comfort that can be dressed up, down, and all around. On
ShopBop for $575.
4) Yves Saint Laurent Leather Dress: Does it get any better than this? I don’t think so! YSL has provided us with the mother of all leather dresses. The color clearly can’t be missed and the cinched shift silhouette (completed with a back belt detail) is ahead of the curve. At Bergdorf Goodman for $3,490.
5) Imoni Short Glovettes: Imoni takes the fingerless glove to the next level. With no individual finger slots, these deep ruby gloves leave your hands free and grant you just a splash of saturation. Exclusively at Intermix for $118.