Think fall’s luxest material has to come with a luxe price tag to match? Think again. Some of my favorite suede bags ring in at $500 or lower. When you spend a little less, you also get the freedom of less worry, not that carrying a new suede bag should make you fret. Many fear the wear and tear of nubuck, but I happen to think it’s chicer for the wear! There’s nothing like a well patinaed suede. Or a great frugal find, for that matter.
1. Rebecca Minkoff Finn Crossbody Bag: There’s something about suede and fringe that just works, exuding effortless bohemian flair without going over the top. At Nordstrom for $195.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Disco Fringe Bucket Bag: A flirty, fringe bucket in miniature size delivers the perfect little pop of big color. On Shopbop for $209 (from $298).
3. Elizabeth and James Scott Suede Duffel Bag: I love the sporty look of a scaled-down duffel, and with contrasting leather trim and piping, this one stands out in all the right ways. At Nordstrom for $495.
4. Clare V. Suede Simple Tote: Consider this spacious navy tote the bag to use all day, every day, as you hop from work to gym to wherever the casual evening takes you. On Shopbop for $499.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Suede Shoulder Bag: With a slim, foldover shape and shiny gold hardware, this convertible shoulder-to-clutch bag is versatile and expensive-looking. On My Theresa for $440.