I’m a little late on my exercise resolution, but better late than never, right? To get myself in shape this summer, I have plans for running and walking daily, as well as regular yoga and Pilates. Thanks to the likes of Alexander Wang, athletic themes have made their way out of the gym and onto the runway. Not only are we spotting sports bras doubling as crop tops on the street-style scene and high-tops being lauded as the perfect match for your fanciest cocktail dress, bags have gotten a sporty makeover, too. Here, the best of the current bunch:
1. Balenciaga Classic City Mesh Tote: Balenciaga’s most recognizable style looks fresh reworked in slick mesh and splashed with bright orange accents. On My Theresa for $1,715.
2. Kenzo Black Mesh Bucket Tote: Who says your sporty bag can’t be a quirky statement piece? Double-layered so you can wear it a multitude of ways, this beach-ready number is surprisingly versatile. On Ssense for $255 (from $850).
3. Off-White Neoprene Mesh Backpack: Neoprene-effect netted mesh in bright white is your quintessential summer gym bag. Extra points for dressing this backback up with something feminine. On Ssense for $350 (from $500).
4. Elizabeth and James Cynnie Leather Backpack: If you like to keep your look chic, on and off the treadmill, opt for this sleek navy backpack with a gleaming croc-stamped panel. On NET-A-PORTER for $645.
5. Rebecca Minkoff Subway Bag: Go for the long haul with Minkoff’s roomy duffel. It carries more than your sneakers and a change of clothes, and doubles as an athletic-inspired carryon. On Shopbop for $255.