I recently invested in a shearling camel coat from Burberry and as a result, I am now consumed with all things camel. Think buttery and luscious camel: is anything more luxurious-looking? It’s also very high-maintenance, but so are all great things in life! Just be savvy and strategic about your purchase: get it treated and spring for a good suede brush – water stains and whatnot will promptly vanish. Now for the top 5 suede accessories this season.
1. Burberry Leather Trim Shearling Jacket: I am obsessed with this jacket! Not only is it super-warm, the feminine silhouette (read perfectly nipped waist) is highly flattering. At Burberry for $2,795.
2. Isabel Marant Ètoile Suede Dicker Boot: The Dicker boot is a longstanding favorite of show-hopping models and street-treading city girls alike. It’s especially enticing in this warm chestnut hue. At Barneys New York for $650.
3. Holmes & Yang Cropped Suede Trousers: We’re so used to seeing leggings and skinny pants in suede. Give it an update with a pair of tailored trousers in a classic color. At Barneys New York for $1,850.
4. Rag & Bone Mini Pilot Bag: This bag has a great casual look – and the price is just as fabulous. And when a style is this overtly functional, tan suede will look cool with wear and age. At Barneys New York for $395.
5. Jimmy Choo Chandra Glittered Suede Shoulder Bag: If you demand your camel with a splash of sheen, the Chandra has you covered. This is suede for your next night out. On Net-a-Porter for $1,695.