Did you ever think we’d get to the point where an accessory for your accessory would be par for the course? Then again, your bag is so much more than a mere accessory, so it seems only natural to adorn it when you feel like something’s lacking. (Too simple? Suddenly seeing your favorite Proenza or Phillip Lim bag everywhere?) Especially when you want to flavor it with your own personal style and flair. Think of this latest crop of casual leather tassel keychains as the frugal way to get your fringe fix fast this summer, no commitment required.
1. Gucci Textured-Leather Tassel Keychain: Fool them into thinking your bag comes complete with asymmetric fringe thanks to Gucci’s extra-long and studded clip-on tassel. On NET-A-PORTER for $350.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Leather Tassel Key Fob: Lighten up a black or navy bag with this pale yet lively burst of pastel-tinged fringe. At Nordstrom for $50.
3. Jérôme Dreyfuss Rox Fringe Keychain: If it’s something quirkier you crave, Monsieur Dreyfuss delivers a shaggy little explosion of shredded suede goatskin for an easy burst of texture. At Otte New York for $84 (from $120).
4. Anya Hindmarch Giant Bungee Tassel: If it’s something lighter and more summery you crave, look to the resident queen of bag adornments’ oversized keychain, now on sale for a nicer price. On Shopbop for $210 (from $350).
5. Madewell Leather Tassel Rope Keychain: Or opt for Madewell’s frugal take for the same summer camp-inspired vibe for a fraction of Anya’s price tag. Layer this with a second juxtaposing charm (think a dollop of fur) for a full-on effect. At Madewell for $20 (from $29.50).