I lost my wallet during NYFW (it was stolen at an event out of my mini bag right in front of me!). My ID, all my credit cards, and not to mention the my entire cash supply for Fashion Week: gone. Kelly gave me one of her company credit cards (we share bank accounts!), but how do you fly home without an ID? Luckily, a good Samaritan found my wallet on a sidewalk, with the ID and cards strewn all over the place (cash gone, natch).
Since then, I’ve been far more cautious about where I set my bags down at parties. But you can’t pay attention all the time. The answer? Wallets on chains! Beyond your cash and cards, they fit the essentials (iPhone, lip gloss, and keys), and best of all, they’re crossbodies, shoulder bags, clutches, AND wallets all rolled in one. Here, the ones I’m currently chained to:
1. Saint Laurent Log-Lettered Wallet-on-a-Chain: Modern, minimal, and deeply glamorous: cobalt-blue leather and sunny gold metal is a winning combination. At Neiman Marcus for $850.
2. Chanel Boy Wallet On Chain: The Chanel is my favorite. In the Boy style, black velvet takes on a hard-edged, almost tough sort of charm. I recently got a dark blue velvet version, and I am obsessed with it. At Chanel for $1,800.
3. Prada Saffiano Wallet-on-a Chain: Prada’s most classic wallet style in their signature Saffiano leather gets a major upgrade courtesy of a leather-laced chain strap. At Neiman Marcus for $610.
4. Chloé Aurore Padlock Wallet-on-a-Chain: How sneaky! With legitimate detailing and hardware, this is a wallet cunningly dressed in a clutch’s clothing. At Neiman Marcus for $895.
5. Nancy Gonzalez Crocodile Wallet-on-a-Chain: A glossy patina, intense color, and serious texture come together with a chain-topped wallet to trump the rest. At Neiman Marcus for $1,650.