Forget awning, Bengal, zebra, Breton, repp, and candy stripes. Even pinstripes. The chicest of all breeds of stripes is chevron! Not to mention it’s the most flattering. With its symmetrical look and way of visually cinching everything in just so, the sharp, zigzag pattern makes just about anything look better, including clutches and cocktail dresses in equal measure. For 2015, elevate your prints, and your wardrobe, with a keen blast of cool chevron.
1. Balmain Embellished Jersey Dress: Knock ‘em dead without revealing too much. In gleaming gold and black, Balmain‘s seriously show-stopping party dress will stop traffic. On My Theresa for $3,381.
2. Nicholas Kirkwood Chevron Patterned Raffia Loafer: Then again, chevron is highly versatile. Go casual with these cork-soled slides, ideal for off-days and vacation jaunts. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $300, from $599.
3. Valentino Rockstud Chevron-Print Slingback Pump: Just in case you forgot Valentino has a sense of humor, they‘re reminding you with their latest collection, featuring a rainbow‘s worth of colors in flirty chevron stripes. At Neiman Marcus for $1,195.
4. Ohne Titel Chevron-Patterned Knit Crop Top: Who says crop tops can‘t be sophisticated? This bright, sleek knit is equal parts grown-up and fun. At Neiman Marcus for $320.
5. Saint Laurent Monogramme Matelasse Shopper Bag: For those seeking a more subtle print, this “little black bag with a twist” is an ideal compromise. At Bergdorf Goodman for $2,550.
6. Edie Parker Flavia Chevron Confetti Clutch (at Neiman Marcus for $1,595)
7. Lanvin Chevron-Print Silk Blouse (at Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,440)
8. Altuzarra Torrin Sequin-Embroidered Silk Top (at MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,655)