The runways proved that matching your bag to your ready-to-wear is the way to go for the Spring ’16 season, but I say, why wait until then? I’ve already hopped on the matchy-matchy bandwagon, and I’m having a blast showing total dedication to a motif, from cheeky lipstick bullets to saucy spots to layers of embroidery and lace. Which matchup’s your favorite? Pick it, and don’t hesitate to go all the way. And don’t forget to download Vogue China Mini app to keep up with my weekly column, “BagChat with Tina,” for more inspiration!
1. Tory Burch Patchwork Leather Saddle Bag and Jacquard Coat: This season, Tory Burch took a departure from more simplistic styles and served up urban bohemia, in the form of a patchwork leather saddle bag and soft, plush jacquard coat. Bag, $695, at Nordstrom and coat, $1,295, at Tory Burch.
2. Saint Laurent Monogram Lipstick-Print Leather Pouch and Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Shirt: Give them more than just a little lip! I’m loving Saint Laurent’s lipstick-print everything, especially with loosely flared Céline pants (and my vaguely S&M-inspired Eddie Borgo collar). This is one of the most fun and exuberant prints of the season. Pouch, $725, at Neiman Marcus, and shirt, $1,290, on NET-A-PORTER.
3. Chanel Mosaic-Tile Flap Shoulder Bag and Skirt: I can’t think of anything more opulent than being covered in a galaxy of pastel and jewel-tone tiles. Chanel’s mosaic tiles are the very definition of luxury, and a gallery-worthy look like this oozes bold decadence. Inquire at Chanel for similar styles.
4. Valentino Triangle Enamel and Gold-Tone Box Clutch and Graphic Triangle-Print Drop-Waist Dress: Bold and graphic black and ivory is as eye-catching as coordinated prints come, and the feel doesn’t get much more luxuriant than when it’s delivered by Valentino. Clutch, $3,045, on NET-A-PORTER, and dress, $4,390, at Saks Fifth Avenue.
5. Edie Parker Jean Embroidery Inlay Clutch and Alexis Iona Lace Pencil Skirt: A colorfully woven clutch with a handcrafted feel plus a pretty lace pencil skirt that’s pure freshness: I love this combo! Clutch, $1,495, on Forward by Elyse Walker, and skirt, $374, on Revolve Clothing.
6. Nicky Hilton x Linea Pelle Waldorf Canteen Crossbody and Saint Laurent Jacquard Leopard Dress: I’m seeing spots with this circular bag from American socialite Nicky Hilton Rothschild’s collab with Linea Pelle, paired with Saint Laurent’s feline-inspired shift. Because sometimes it feels good to be catty. Crossbody bag, $195, at Linea Pelle, and dress, $2,290, on Forward by Elyse Walker.
Photo Credits: Kristi and Scot Redman
Assistant: Sierra Maynes