Calling all bad girls and rabble-rousers. There’s a new bunch of florals on the scene and while they may be fresh-picked, there’s nothing sweet about this garden variety. My new favorite floral bags are mysterious, unexpected, and most of all, dark, proving the enduring flower theme shouldn’t be strictly reserved for spring. Take these all the way into the depths of winter.
1. Nancy Gonzalez Floral Crocodile Chain Shoulder Bag: White blossoms usually bring to mind nothing but purity, but with exotic accents and set on black crocodile, these take on a whole new attitude. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $3,550. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $3,550.
2. Givenchy Antigona Large Floral-Print Shopper Tote Bag: Givenchy’s now-trademark, scaled-down floral pattern is romantic, neutral, and most importantly, out of the ordinary. At Neiman Marcus for $1,225.
3. Prada Backpack: Between the style, the nylon fabric and, of course, the print, Prada’s newest backpack channels the spirit of the mid-’90s era in all the right ways. At Prada.
4. Gucci Padlock Blooms Shoulder Bag: In shades of pink and peach, these upbeat blooms aren’t exactly dark, but juxtaposed against Gucci’s signature logo pattern, they feel anything but average. At Neiman Marcus for $1,650.
5. Alexander McQueen Rose-Print Cage Crossbody Bag: Sometimes a single red rose is all you need to be swept away. Especially when it’s in the form of boxy modern art by Alexander McQueen. At Bergdorf Goodman for $2,095.
6. Comme des Garçons Bag: Avant-garde girls should go for this conversation-worthy confection of sculptural black leather petals. At Forty Five Ten.
7. Snob Essentials Holiday ’15 Audrey Jewel Box: Our new floral motif, out of our Holiday collection, just might be one of my favorite Snob prints ever. At Snob Essentials for $88.