Lately, I’ve been carrying around my wallets-on-chains more than any other bags, especially while traveling. It’s so liberating to know you require nothing more on your shoulder than your cell, ID, a bit of cash, and a credit card or two. Here’s a travel tip: wallets aren’t considered bags, so you can have one piece of max-sized carryon luggage, plus another large carryon as your “personal item,” and still wear your wallet. It’s hard to find your wallet in these large travel bags anyway, so mine have been a lifesaver for me as I’ve bounced around this summer. And if it’s fancy, like these whimsical picks, it doubles as an evening clutch.
1. Dolce & Gabbana Portofino Printed Textured-Leather Wallet: Whisk yourself (and your essentials) to Portofino this summer with this mood-booster that goes from top-handle to crossbody. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,095.
2. Chanel Calfskin Wallet on Chain: Just try not treating this charm-embellished piece of classic Chanel quilting like a scaled-down clutch. Trust, you’ll end up carrying this everywhere. At Chanel for $2,900.
3. Proenza Schouler Bronze Patent Leather PS11 Chain Wallet: This little beauty keeps your stash light and your looks heavy on glowing, bronzed style. On Moda Operandi for $1,160.
4. Prada Python Wallet on a Chain: A little python never hurt anybody! Especially not in slim, slender form and this lightly radiant palette. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,150.
5. Nancy Gonzalez Crocodile Wallet-On-A-Chain Crossbody Bag: If your wallet is in royal purple croc with a strap that’s made to be shown, you’ve got to flaunt it. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,750.
6. Moschino Logo Chain Crossbody Wallet: When Moschino performs a bright orange riff on their early ’90s chain belts, you’ve got whimsy that works. On Farfetch for $905.