My sentiments for fur shoes differ greatly from fur bags. Think about it: Your wallet doesn’t get cold – but your feet do. That’s why fur shoes are a big SNOB for me. During Fashion Month not too long ago, no shoe was more visible than the furry soft Gucci loafer (in many variations), despite the simmering 90-degree temperatures in New York City. Here’s the best of the fresh fur crop:
1. Gucci Princetown Leather Slipper: Does it get more decadent than slipping your bare, hopefully newly pedicured foot into this tuft of lush fur? I think not. At Gucci for $995.
2. Balenciaga Fur-Trimmed D’Orsay Pumps: Glistening jacquard trimmed with a band of mink makes me feel like Anna Karenina, minus the heartbreak. At Barneys New York for $1,185.
3. Paul Andrew Bowery Ankle Boot with Genuine Rabbit Fur Cuff: Your feet may not feel the tactile pleasure of this fur, but it’s all about looks here, and this ankle boot will have you looking ready to brave the winter chill. At Nordstrom for $1,495.
4. Alexander McQueen Lamb-Fur Trimmed Sliders: Impractical these shearling-trimmed slide sandals may be; then again, they’re the ultimate off-duty shoe for chilling out. On Farfetch for $745.
5. ROCHAS 110MM Lamb Fur & Leather Pumps: You’ll be kicking up your heels, stat, with Rochas’ luxe Mary Janes, exuding pure evening glamour. On Luisa via Roma for $650.
6. Tory Burch Anjelica Fur-Cuff Boot: The season of the snow bunny is almost upon us, and Tory Burch is ready to dress her for adventures both on and off the slopes. At Neiman Marcus for $395.
7. Dolce & Gabbana Fur-Trimmed Sandals: Ever so slightly reminiscent of boudoir slippers, these furry, baby pink sandals are ready to come out and play. On My Theresa for $795.
8. Aquazzura Iris Fur & Feather-Trimmed Suede D’Orsay Strappy Sandals: Spotted feathers and delicate bows add soft sensuality to these already girly heels. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $950.
9. Stuart Weitzman The Parka Boot: When the temps dip, you’d never think of leaving home without a thick coat or parka. Give your feet to the same cozy treatment! At Stuart Weitzman for $675.