Why should the term “gender fluid” apply only to people? It’s high time we have bag equality for all! Menswear is a huge trend for the girls. Just look at style-chameleon Anna Dello Russo, whose menswear is par for the course. Not many of us have ventured into men’s bag territory. Let’s change that by adding some to our wardrobe that prove gender knows no bounds when it comes to good taste.
1. Loewe One-Shoulder Leather Backpack: Part messenger, part sling, and part avant-garde backpack, this single-strapped bag makes a boyish triangular shape look so good. At Loewe for $2,450.
2. Brunello Cucinelli Monili Beaded Leather Messenger Bag: From afar this reads like a rather traditional men’s travel bag. But up close, it reveals another dimension, thanks to buttery leather and a bead-encrusted strap. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $3,745 (expect shipping by September 30th).
3. Marni Colorblock Leather Shoulder Bag: For you ladies who want a touch of femininity with your gender-bending bag, take Marni’s colorblocked tote for a spin. In this palette, it’s just discreet enough to go both ways. On Moda Operandi for $1,690.
4. Mansur Gavriel Large Backpack: What makes this brand so appealing, and so successful, is their pared-down, unisex-inspired aesthetic, exhibited by this well-sized, all day-ready backpack. At Barneys New York for $845.
5. Giorgio Fedon 1919 Life Leather Messenger Bag: Much like a woman in a men’s dress shirt, there’s something inherently sexy about a glamorous girl carrying a messenger bag that’s literally been stolen from the boys. On Forzieri for $428.
6. The Bridge Large Olive Green Leather Tote (on Forzieri for $1,925, from $2,750)
7. Want Les Essentiels De La Vie Black Canvas And Leather Hartsfield Weekender Bag (on SSENSE for $395)