Yellow is perky and red is hot, but if you ask me, no color energizes my spirits and warms my mood like pink. Which makes it the perfect way to kick off a busy week, as well as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It’s also rapidly becoming the unofficial color of the season. But I say pink is classic, neutral even, and I’m proving it with this wide variety of bags that span the spectrum, from pale blush to rich magenta.
1. Chanel, via What Goes Around Comes Around, Quilted Shoulder Bag: There’s something eternally refreshing about seeing Chanel’s most quintessential bag in a truly playful color. This hard-to-find item is a breath of fresh (and classic) air. At Shopbop for $5,000.
2. Dolce & Gabbana Miss Dolce Hand-Embellished Jacquard Bag: Once in awhile, your fanciful mood calls for unadulterated opulence. The next time it strikes, bring out this crystal- and flower-decked treasure. At Luisa via Roma for $3,276.
3. Edie Parker Jean Hello Clutch: Maybe you just came to say hello. Maybe you came to party all night. Odds are you’ll want to take this box, which does the job of greeting for you, out for the long haul. At Forward by Elyse Walker for $1,295.
4. Saint Laurent Toy Sac De Jour: The adorably tiny version of the Sac de Jour is one of my most prized baby bags. In warm, saturated fuchsia, it’s the exclamation point to finish off your outfit. At Barneys New York for $1,350.
5. Marni Trunk Mini Leather Shoulder Bag: As you probably know, blush is one of my favorite shades of pink, and this version is so perfect, it almost reads as a warm nude, which means it goes with everything. At MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,760.
6. Comme des Garçons Large Zip Pouch (at Barneys New York for $145)
7. Fendi Peekaboo Medium Leather Tote Bag (at Neiman Marcus for $3,950)
8. Chloé Mini Drew Suede & Leather Bag (at Forward by Elyse Walker for $1,750)
9. MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Medium Metallic Center-Stripe Saffiano Messenger Bag (at Neiman Marcus for $248)