Wearing your art (or your favorite artists) on your sleeve is not a new concept. But never before have art and fashion been more fluidly fused. The lines between the worlds have gone from visibly blurred to totally merged, and the results are bright, arresting, and wholly original pieces, from statement dresses to arts-and-crafty jewels, from imaginative designers and straight-up brand-artist collaborations alike.
1. Peter Pilotto Embellished Embroidered Silk-Organza Skirt: I wore Peter Pilotto’s embellished silk-organza Spring ’15 runway look to the Art Ball in Dallas last weekend. His laser-cut resin pieces have been collaged into perfect psychedelic form for a true work of modern art. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,540.
2. Natalie Frank x Mario Brito In the Woods Clutch: Maria Brito’s artist series translates to an array of the most covetable collectibles I’ve seen so far. Natalie Frank’s In The Woods clutch really belongs in a glass case, but who would enjoy it out in the real world more than a Bag Snob?! On Out There NYC for $870.
3. Trudy Benson x Maria Brito Gusto Scarf: Not only is this vividly printed scarf yet another collaboration with a worthy artist, it’s cut to be worn as a halter top, small sack bag, or braided with other scarves for an elaborate head piece. On Out There NYC for $210.
4. Fendi Leather Platform Sandals: Who can resist a pair of wooden Fendi wedges speckled with Pop Art polka dots?! Not me. These are a great way to ease into the movement. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,000.
5. Mara Hoffman Electrolight Reversible Printed Swimsuit: Rainbow-worthy neon palettes are a surfside staple, and Mara’s kaleidoscopic pattern will make you shine brighter than the midday sun. On NET-A-PORTER for $245.
6. Brevity Jewelry Drawing Necklace: But perhaps the most whimsical of all is the Drawing necklace from Brevity Jewelry. Upload a photo of a favorite doodle, and let it come to life in pendant form. This is a sweetly sentimental way to immortalize the prized work of a (little) loved one. On Brevity for $195.
7. Mary Katrantzou Flamingo Printed Silk Georgette Dress (on Luisa via Roma for $1,740)
8. Peter Pilotto Asymmetrical Jersey & Chiffon Dress (on Luisa via Roma for $2,892)
9. Valentino Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Dress (on Luisa via Roma for $7,990)
10. Dori Csengeri Like Necklace (on Luisa via Roma for $3,456)
11. Elena Meyer Andy Metal Cuff Bracelet (on Luisa via Roma for $275)