Or only hit the slopes in spirit! Sometimes a vacation calls for a snowy mountain getaway over a tropical beach holiday. I’m not one to necessarily take on a Black Diamond, but I am happy to cozy up in the lodge with a mug of hot chocolate…and a winter-ready bag that looks just as good in motion as it does at my side by the fireplace. Here, all the ski bags you need for every cold-weather activity, from lounging and lunching to leaping off the chairlift and making serious tracks.
1. Zagliani Python Small Tomodachi Bowling Bag: For a long day of cozying up indoors, you’ll want a roomy bag to hold a blanket, iPad, and more. Settle for nothing less than the purple-python best. At Barneys New York for $2,900.
2. Giuseppe Zanotti Design Structured Backpack: Calling all reformed snowboard babes. Shark-tooth zipper-pulls and a boxy shape bring tomboyish appeal to a backpack that looks equally good on the slopes and streets. On Farfetch for $1,460.
3. Marni Mixed Material Shoulder Bag: This is how do you a fur bag, without “doing a fur bag.” A smooth leather flap with a hint of the warm and fuzzy stuff channels classic Aspen cool. At Barneys New York for $789 (from $1,980).
4. Marni Convertible Leather Shoulder Bag: Marni completes the trifecta. From messenger to backpack, this versatile number is equal parts streetwise, sexy, soft, and sporty. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,530.
5. Marni Embellished Bicolor Nylon Belt Bag: The nylon belt bag has received an appropriately snobby makeover with multi-faceted rhinestones and chunky beads for functional, athletic glamour. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,330.
6. Christopher Raeburn Quilting Bag: Let it snow! Don’t fear ruining your precious leathers and exotics with this comfy, quilted bag as backup. On Farfetch for $398.